Until somebody distributes something in your Network Marketing business, they are a customer. Leave them there. Get your agenda out of there. Focus on what’s in it for them, not what’s in it for you.
Instead of hating your prospects because they don’t want to become distributors, let them be them. If they called you up for a product, they didn’t say they wanted to be a leader, and getting the product is all they wanted to do, then give them what they want. Let them be great where they are. You will not waste time, and you will not have people mad at you.
That’s how you build huge organizations. You interview people, and you find out what they want. And you find out what they don’t want. And when you call them three days later, you sell them what they said they wanted to buy. You don’t try to sell them what they didn’t want to buy. Do that, and you will be amazed by your results.
Love your customers for being customers. Love your leaders for being leaders. And you have to remember that you’ve got to be in business to stay in business. So, be the best customer acquirer on the planet. Be the best talent scout on the planet. But don’t jam people into what they don’t want. Ask what’s in it for them. Get into their agenda. And learn this business.
I had a lot of charisma that I thought would carry me in Network Marketing, but it only carried me so far. I had to learn skills from Eric Worre and other leaders. Others have the skills, and no charisma. You have to figure out what you don’t have and go after that. That’s personal development.
Here are several things I have learned from my Network Marketing career:
- Realize that paying attention to other people’s live is the secret to success.
- Understand that in conversation it’s far better to be interested than interesting.
- Make a commitment to contact map literally every person you come into contact with each day.
- Make a conscious decision to move your emphasis from what’s in it for you to what’s in it for them.
- Realize that the more you contribute to the lives of others the more that will be given to you.
- Most Importantly: Make a vow that in every meaningful interaction you have with another human being that they will leave feeling better about themselves than they did when they got there.